This project supports unemployed people over the age of 19 into work and will enhance Apprenticeship provision across the county.
Split into two themes, the objective of the first theme ‘Support for the Unemployed’ is to help unemployed and inactive people to enter and sustain employment. Programmes will be vocationally focused linked to employment opportunities in priority sectors and will up skill individuals in-line with the needs of recruiting employers. Other support available will include coaching, mentoring, advice on job searching, CV tips and interview techniques, literacy, numeracy, ESOL and ICT training.
As part of the offer to individuals, the project will help those with personal or social barriers to employment. This may include, the purchase of tools or equipment or funding travel or for childcare costs.
Theme two, ‘Enhancing Apprenticeships’, aims to increase the take up and employer support of Apprenticeships. Perfect for Lancashire-based businesses with ambitions to grow their workforce, or companies opening new premises within the county, the initiative will offer preparation for Apprenticeship programmes supporting the unemployed to be able to access Apprenticeship routes.
Both projects will offer work experience as part of the training package.
The project is being delivered by The Lancashire Employment and Skills Executive Partnership (LESEP) which includes Colleges, Training providers and Third Sector organisations with Preston’s College as the lead accountable body for the project.
Why should you refer candidates to this provision:-
- Delivered across Lancashire by local Training Providers and Colleges
- Training providers and Colleges can offer a bespoke course depending on each candidate’s skills need and employment aspirations
- Helps unemployed and those who are inactive back into sustained employment of training.
- Supports the Government’s ambition to increase the number of Apprenticeships starts to three million by 2020.
- Supports the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership’s Skills and Employment Strategic Framework
- Supports employers to invest in skills within Lancashire